We are looking for a Cashier to manage all transactions with customers accurately and efficiently. Cashier responsibilities include receiving payments and issuing receipts, gift-wrapping packages and keeping track of all cash and credit transactions.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience in a customer service position and good knowledge of how cash registers operate. You should also be available to take weekend shifts occasionally.
Ultimately, you’ll ensure all transactions run smoothly and will help us maximize customer satisfaction.
An ideal career opportunity for a customer focused individual who enjoys working in a dynamic environment. Cashiers directly interact with customers, helping them make their shopping experience a successful one
- Ensure a high level of customer service at the checkouts;
- Accurately record customer transactions in electronic cash register.
- Ensure effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Give attention to detail.
- Have strong customer service skills.
- Help customers shop our store and be able to find what they’re looking for.
Ensure all customers receive a fast and friendly checkout experience. Maintain store recovery standards to deliver our Brand Promises. Prevent shrink with friendly service.
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Company programs to ensure compliance to applicable laws and requirements; execute Company policies and standards
- Provide a fast and friendly check out experience
- Execute cash handling to standards
- Engage customers on benefits of Rewards and complete enrollments
- Educate customer on Voice of Customer (VOC) survey
- Participate in the truck un-load and stocking processes to ensure truck standards are followed and completed within budget
- Responsible to complete merchandise recovery and maintenance to include the merchandise return / go back process
- Support shrink and safety programs
- Assist with Omni channel processes
- Acknowledge customers, help locate product and provide solutions
- Interacts with others in an accepting and respectful manner; remains positive and respectful, even in difficult situations; promotes commitment to the organization’s vision and values; projects a positive image and serves as a role model for others
- Cross trained in Custom Framing selling and production
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Type Of Experience The Job Requires
- Retail and/or customer service experience preferred
- Work experience (2 years) as a Retail Cashier or in a similar role in sales
- Familiarity with electronic equipment, like a cash register
- Good math skills
- Grade 12
- Strong communication and time management skills
Shop is based in Midrand Blue Valley
Salary is R6000
Interested candidates can send their CV
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Check out our EEO policy
Opportunities You Might Like:
- Security Manager for Alstom Ubunye, Gauteng
- Warehouse Supervisor Needed at Drinks Dispense Services
- Graduate Jobs In South Africa : Mr Price Group Careers, Learnership & Traineeship Programmes
- Coffee Shop Manager at Watershed Consulting
- Pickers and Packer Needed at Job Link Placement
- Security Guards X2 – Dischem Pharmaceuticals
- Factory Workers X15 Hiring Now at L C & Projects (Pty)Ltd For Immediate Employment