The Company Driver’s responsibilities include dropping and picking up staff, collecting various packages, and maintaining a travel log to record work hours, travel-time and locations traveled to. You should also be able to perform routine checks on the company vehicle.
A Class A CDL or commercial driver license is required. Successful candidates must have a clean driving record and must pass a drug and alcohol test.
Code 10 Drivers Responsibilities:
- Drive long distances to deliver goods to customers.
- Load and unload cargo.
- Record cargo deliveries.
- Refuel and clean vehicle.
- Report road incidents to the dispatcher.
- Follow traffic laws.
- Inspect trucks and record issues.
- Follow accident procedures.
- Keep an activities log and log hours.
- Report mechanical problems to maintenance personnel.
- Plan routes using GPS system.
- Get goods to the client on time.
- Maintain a positive attitude with customers.
- Keep commercial driver license up to date.
- Sound knowledge of road safety regulations.
- Working knowledge of local roads and routes.
- The ability to utilize maps, GPS systems, and car manuals.
- Effective communication skills.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Assisting driver to transfer stock between production facility and cold storage.
- Assist production mananger with the general running of the plant, cleanliness, hygiene and maintenance checks.
- Fault finding on equipment, minor maintenance.
- Start up and blow down of boilers at start of day and day end and completing required check lists.
- Start up of chiller and cooling tower and completing required check lists.
- Assist production mananger with checking drains and effluent at start and end of production.
- Conducting full CIP at day end and start up when required.
- Assist in all areas of production plant and bottling plant as and when required.
- Operate fillers, salad and grill mixing equipment as well as cooking pots and cooling system.
- Operate fork lift and reach truck as and when required.
- Start up and shut down of compressor on a daily basis.
- Assist with checking loads and batch numbers and loading trucks at Décor facility as and when required.
- Keeping workshop/maintenance store in an orderly condition and keeping a record/stock of tools on a daily basis.
- Driving the 8 ton and 4 ton trucks.
- Operating a forklift.
- Assisting in Production.
- Clear criminal record
- Grade C Psira certificate and registered and/or
- Valid PDP with code 10
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Issuing and receiving controlled items
- Must undergo a Polygraph test
- Experience in security industry or similar role
- Collect containers en route and empty content onto truck.
- Handle bin-raising device connected to the truck rear.
- Help to Load recycling materials onto the bins aboard the truck.
- Help in unloading truck at the site and in keeping it clean.
- Maintain professional communication with clients.
- Ensure safe and efficient delivery of products to the customers.
- Unload truck using different trailers.
To be successful as a Company Driver, you should ensure that all transportation duties are carried out in a timely manner. Ultimately, a top-performing Company Driver should be able to ensure that addresses and other transportation details are correct before undertaking any pick-up or drop-off duties.
All qualified applicants when employed will be tasked with driving and maintaining trucks that will be assigned to you, as well as working closely with our team of dispatchers in order to plan routes and track deliveries.
Other requirements include:
A previous experience, have a good knowledge of and are confident undertaking deliveries, have a good level of health & fitness and are not afraid of some heavy lifting, can work to a schedule, work well as part of a team but you are responsible enough to take on individual tasks.
If Non-South African, Please Email Copies Of The Following:
- National & International drivers license
- Valid passport
- Work permit
Please apply via the below email address and attach a detailed copy of your CV and your supporting documents.
If interested, please send you CV and copy of driver’s license to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary R12,500 per month plus benefits.