Diplomat South Africa is recruiting for the role of Truck Driver – Code 10 in the Operations division based in Johannesburg, Gauteng. The position will report to the Distribution Controller.
Duties & Responsibilities
To ensure that the right order is delivered to the correct customer within the required delivery time frame. Also ensuring a high level of customer service, as well as the completion of all administration to ensure route closure.
- Execute driver responsibilities cost effectively.
- Contribute to the cost savings targets of the company through efficient and safe driving.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers to deliver on service excel-lence targets through effective communication, professional conduct and attention to detail.
- Conduct an inspection at point of delivery to ensure goods are not dam-aged and complies to prescribed standards.
- Assist to resolve delivery disputes with customers to prevent return of goods.
- Provide feedback to management on customer related incidents, queries, concerns etc.
- Ensure cleanliness and good service record of vehicle at all times to ensure access to customer premises.
- Follow route plans and ensure accurate record keeping of travel mileage and petrol slips.
- Ensure vehicle is securely loaded and locked and sealed prior to departure.
- Take responsibility for loading of vehicle, the goods in transit and any returns from the customer.
- Complete daily vehicle check sheets, licensing, roadworthiness, and cleanliness.
- Report any defects timeously to ensure a safe and road worthy vehicle at all times.
- Conduct planning of deliveries to point of sale to ensure meeting deadlines during high peak times.
- Collect relevant documentation and proof of delivery at every customer.
- Accurately record activities on a daily basis to ensure reference and records at all times.
- Compliance with Good Warehouse Practices and quality management.
- Adhere to company’s Health and Safety rules, laws and regulations.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Completed Matric or equivalent accredited by SAQA OR equivalent work experience.
- A valid Code 10 Drivers License with PDP.
- 5 years’ experience as a Code 10 within the FMCG Industry.
- Good knowledge of the Gauteng region and routes.
- Ability to travel long distance with safe driving record.
- Ability to read and understand specific vehicle operating manuals to ensure safe and appropriate operations of the vehicle.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.