This role will lead, implement, and oversee effective HSE&BCM management systems and provide direction to any HSE&BCM associates at the respective Site, Country or Cluster.
- Serves as the primary point of contact on HSE&BCM performance and issues in the Site/Country/Cluster.
- Ensures that HSE&BCM strategies are supported, championed and implemented.
- May participate in one or more technical networks at Global level.
The Site HSE&BCM Head may also serve as Country HSE&BCM Head and as such representing the Country President in HSE&BCM matters vis-à-vis government agencies, industry associations, and non-governmental institutions, as well as being responsible to develop the HSE&BCM network in the Country including leading Organization Talent Review/Talking Talent sessions at country level.
Implementation and Operations
- Ensures that systems are in place to demonstrate and verify compliance with all HSE&BCM regulatory and external requirements.
- Ensures implementation of the company HSE&BCM Management system and supporting programs (e.g. Chemical Safety, Biosafety, Radiation Safety, Office Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Compliance, Occupational Health, Business Continuity, Emergency Management , etc.).
When appropriate, serves as the primary point of contact on HSE&BCM issues at the site/country/cluster for regulatory authorities.
- May supervise company or 3rd party HSE resources, including HSE service providers, third-party personnel and/or contractors.
- Indirect influence and coaching of site teams, peers, leadership teams, project teams, etc. is expected.
Country HSE&BCM Head Role
- Align the HSE&BCM agenda with the Country Leadership Team (CLT).
- Invited to the CLT meeting to present Country HSE&BCM matters at least twice-a-year.
- Represents the Country President in HSE&BCM matters vis-à-vis government agencies, industry associations, and non-governmental institutions.
- Provides HSE&BCM advocacy support (including country specific legal and regulatory advice) to the CLT and ensures compliance with these regulations in the Country.
- Consolidates Country relevant HSE&BCM information for presentation to the CLT.
- Manages the Country emergency organization and preparedness (NEM) as appropriate to the level of activity and risk.
- Reviews Business Continuity preparedness for functions/business units operating in the Country.
- Upon request from Global HSE&BCM assists with special expertise e.g. coordination of training, risk analyses, environmental impact assessments, acquisitions, divestitures, legislation, compliance auditing and Country HSE communications (e.g. NGOs).
- Assists, upon request, in Global HSE&BCM inspections/audits with respect to Country regulatory requirements.
- Provides governance of and Chair the Country HSE&BCM Board monthly meetings.
- Is responsible to develop the HSE&BCM network in the Country, to help identify synergies, to facilitate the exchange of know-how, experience & good practices and to optimize resource utilization in the Country.
- Coordinates HSE&BCM Programs in the Country to ensure good practice is shared and duplication of effort is minimized (e.g. single Occupational Clinic provider, common third party contractor pool, shared energy technical expert, Pandemic Preparation).
- Is an advocate for HSE&BCM programs such as Energized for Life, Safety Culture and Global awareness initiatives such as World Environment Day, Safety Week.
- Has an advisory role for talent management of HSE&BCM staff in the Country. Provides coaching and mentoring if required.
- Coordinates development programs for HSE&BCM staff in the Country if required.
- Identifies and engages local talents. Strengthen an integrated OTR and a Talking Talent sessions at country level.
- Creates succession plans for the key positions
Key Performance Indicators (Indicate how performance for this role will be measured)
- All HSE&BCM compliance requirements are met, as assessed by the appropriate external agencies or as assessed by internal compliance audits.
- The HSE Management System is fully implemented, as appropriate
- All HSE&BCM Program goals/targets are achieved within agreed timelines.
- Expense budgets under control of HSE&BCM are delivered at ±5%.
- All open audit-generated action items or agency-generated findings are closed within the agreed-upon timelines and in a manner which prevents recurrence.
You May Apply For This Opportunities