National Service Registration For Colleges Of Education
The Ghana National Service Scheme (NSS) will soon release PIN codes.
Postings and guidelines for the National Service Registration for Colleges of Education Trainees for the 2020/2021 service year.
Here is all you need to know
Overview Of The Entire National Service Procedures From Registration To Earning Your Allowance
Note that the procedures listed below are covered in detail in this article:
- Pin codes are released by the national service secretariate
- You check for pin code on the national service portal
- You make payment to activate your pin code on the national service portal
- You Proceed to register (enroll) for the national service online
- Placement (postings) will be released days after registration
- You check for placement (postings) on the national service portal
- You print appointment letter
- You send the appointment letter to the institution you have been posted to for them to endorse it.
- After the endorsement, you schedule an appointment for regional validation and acceptance on the national service website.
- After validation there comes biometric registration.
- After the biometric registration and days into your service you would be required to login to your dashboard. There would be an option to enter your ezwitch card details.
- You would be required to print your evaluation form getting to the middle of every month and have it endorsed by your supervisor in your institution and submit it to the regional office before 15th of every month before you are paid.
- Getting to the end of the national service, you would be required to print a yearly evaluation form from your dashboard, submit it to your supervisor to be filled and stamped then send it to your regional national service office.
- You can then request for your certificate online after the national service and have it delivered to you.
National Service Registration Requirements:
- Eligibility for national service is presently limited to only young Ghanaians who are eighteen years and above at the time of completing or obtaining their first tertiary education degree or diploma.
- Means of identification, which is either a valid National ID Card, Voters Card, SSNIT Card, Passport or Driver’s License. Note that health insurance card is not allowed.
- Scanned passport picture not more than 1mb. Note that this will appear on the final certificate.
- Applicant information. This include your name, sex, name of institution, course of study, date of birth, nationality, email, contact, region, residential address, Ghana post gps address, guardian information, next of kin.
- Service information. This include whether you are currently employed, on study leave, have done service before, have military training, your height and clothing size details.
- Posting preference. You must choose three regions that you would like to be posted to, in order of preference.
- Your industrial preference, you must choose either educational support, business support or entrepreneurship in order of preference for the three regions selected.
Ghana National Service Online Registration Procedures
- To start the registration, you would need to generate your national service pin code and make payment on the national service portal for it to be activated. To do that go to portal.nss.gov.gh/check-pin. Or go to portal.nss.gov.gh and click on the “Check And Pay For Pincode” Button.
- Enter your index number and and your date of birth in the provided fields and click the “Search” button to generate your pin.
- Your pin code summary page would show up, Containing your pin code and your personal details.
- Afterwards, Write down the pin code that is generated, as you would use it to make payment before entering the registration page. The number might be something like this GMYGCW793418. There would be an option to choose payment option, where you would have to select the network you are on eg MTN, afterwards enter your number that is registered on mobile money. The Mobile Money payment might look like below: a screen like this would pop up on your phone for you to confirm payment
- Just enter your mobile money pin to pay. It was 41 cedis as of the 2018/2019 academic year. You would see a payment confirmation and receive SMS confirming payment.
- There are two other options by which you can activate your pin code after checking it, the first option is to proceed to any branch of ADB Bank Ltd. throughout the country to make payment of an amount of GHC 40.00 or GHC 41.00 to activate your pin code.
- Your pin code is now activated for registration.
How to Register for NSS After Obtaining your Pincode
After clicking the enrollment button, Just enter your index number and the pin code you generated in step one and for which you made payment for. You would have to enter your date of birth as well in the provided filled.
After you have signed in you would see a page asking you to enter your means of identification. This is the ID number of your id of choice. This could be your voter id, national id, ssnit id or passport. Note that from the 2018/2019 service year onward health insurance is not allowed.
Your name on the id card you use must match the name provided by your school to the NSS secretariat. If all the names do not match, you cannot access the NSS enrollment form in the next step.
Example if your full name is Yaw Manu Antwi but for some reason the name on the id you entered is Kofi Smith Yeboah then the system would not let you register.
Once you provide an acceptable means of identification, the NSS enrollment form would show. You would have to fill the NSS enrollment form in 5 steps.
The first step is to fill your applicant information. This include your name, sex, name of institution, course of study, date of birth, nationality, email, contact, region, residential address, Ghana post gps address, guardian information, next of kin. You would have to upload a passport size picture on this page.
The second step is to fill your service information. This include whether you are currently employed, on study leave, have done service before, have military training, your height and clothing size details.
The third step is your posting preference. This is where you choose three regions that you would like to be posted to, in order of preference. And your industrial preference option, this has three slots; you can choose educational support, business support or entrepreneurship in order of preference for the three slots.
The fourth step is to preview your form. This shows a summary of all the details you have entered.
The fifth step is where you print your form or save it as a pdf. You would see a congratulations page detailing your NSS number, your pin code and index number.
How To Pay for National Service Pin code On MTN During The National Service Online Registration
The National Service Online Registration requires that you make payment for the pin code through an accepted medium.
If you did not see a payment option in the registration step 1 above where you were to enter your mobile money number to receive a prompt of payment and enter you pin to make the payment. Or just because you prefer to use your mobile money short code to do the payment instead. Then you are at the right place.
MTN Mobile Money happens to be one of the convenient payment methods. here is how to make payment for the pincode using MTN Mobile Money.
- After checking for your pin code using your index number on portal.nss.gov/check-pin, dial *170# to access the MTN mobile money menu.
- Select option 2 (Pay bill) from the menu
- Select option 6 (General Payment) from the menu
- Then enter the payment code preceding with NSS followed by the pin code you generated on the portal.nss.gov/check-pin . Example NSS GMYGCW7132418.If GMYGCW7132418 , if GMYGCW7132418.If GMYGCW7132418 is your pin code.
- A payment detail containing your pin and name would show up for you to enter amount. Enter the right amount for your service year. It was 41 cedis for the 2018/2019 service year.
- Enter reference as NSS
- Then, Enter your mobile money pin to make payment.
- You would see a payment confirmation and receive SMS confirming payment.
- Your pin code is now active for registration, so go to portal.nss.gov.gh/registration-signin to begin registration.
Things To Note When Filling The Nss Enrollment Form
- From the 2019 / 2020 national service year onward, the registration requires that you enter your date of birth when checking your pin code and when signing in to begin the registration on the national service portal. The date of birth you enter must be the same as the date of birth you used when you applied for the school you are attending (university, college). The system would compare the date of birth you provided to the date of birth your school has provided them. If it does not match, you cannot get your national service pin code or begin the registration.
- Make sure you provide the Ghana post gps address of your residence if you are going to follow the step in the following article Get NSS Institution Of Choice Without Paying A Dime to get posted to an institution of choice for free. Make sure your Ghana post gps address is a residence around the environs of the institution of choice, that does not necessarily have to be your residence.
- Enter “No” for the “have military training option” and do not fill the shirt size and height option if you don’t want to be posted for military training or traffic attendant. If you fill this option and your detail matches such criteria, you will be posted for such job. Do that if you want that.
- Educational support is for those who would like to work in the education sector. Business support is for those who would like to work in the industrial sector. And entrepreneurship is for those who would like to be assisted to set up their own enterprises.
- Note that the picture you upload in the applicant information page is going to be the picture you will see on your NSS certificate after completion of service. So make sure is a nice and official passport picture.
- Note that you would be required to enter a means of verification which could be your voter id, national id, ssnit id or passport. Also note that as of the 2018/2019 service year onward health insurance is not allowed. Your name on the id card you use must match the name provided by your school to the NSS secretariat. If all the name do not match you cannot access the NSS enrollment form in the next step. Example if your full name Yaw Manu Antwi but for some reason the name on the id you entered is Kofi Smith Yeboah then the system would not let you register.