SARS has vacancy for an Office Manager or Administrator.
You duties will be to:
- Ensure effective functioning of the RD office with emphasis on the administrative documentation and management support side.
- Provide professional input and support in preparing reports on behalf of the Regional Director to various stakeholders
- Manage the Regional Director`s office risk register and coordinate Audit processes on behalf of the Regional Directors office
- Set up and maintain systems in the Office of the Regional Director that will contribute towards improving efficiency in the office
- Provide periodic reports on performance against plan & progress on short-term initiatives & use to realign tactical plan and objectives appropriately
To formulate tactical strategy and associated delivery plans related to a single practice area, ensuring practice integration and operational implementation through the achievement of the Office of the Regional Director objectives, through a range of administrative, financial, and managerial tasks, to enable tactical translation and operational implementation.
Education and Experience
Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) AND 8-10 years’ experience in a similar environment, of which 3-4 years ideally at junior management level
Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 15 years related experience
- Act as the bottom-line drivers of tactical implementation within the context of business unit excellence and performance improvement.
- Direct, control, coordinate and optimise budgeted resources to meet specific objectives and deliver agreed results and productivity requirements.
- Ensure the development and implementation of a practice in alignment with operational policy and procedural frameworks.
- Implement tactical strategy and delivery plans through the development of operational activities, ensuring the achievement of operational targets.
- Proactively identify interconnected problems, determine its impact and use to develop best fit alternatives; implementing best practice solutions.
- Provide periodic reports on performance against plan & progress on short-term initiatives & use to realign tactical plan and objectives appropriately.
- Use the insights gained through integrated business reports to measure success & realign tactical strategy implementation objectives appropriately.
- Plan for handling work outputs, pull together interdependent activities & specify priorities, standards & procedures to ensure tactical implementation.
- Recommend changes to optimise processes, systems, policies and procedures, and execute the implementation of change and innovation initiated by the organisation.
- Timeously communicate top down policy and associated single practice area modification, objective achievement progress and critical success factors to impacted stakeholders.
- Ensure effective functioning of the office with emphasis on the administrative documentation and management support side.
- Provide professional input and support in preparing reports for the Commissioner and/or Minister, as well as divisional reports, submissions and approvals.
- Develop, implement and monitor a new reporting ethos that focuses on standardisation and uniformity.
- Provide quality assurance for divisional reports, as well as taking minutes for divisional meetings.
- Ensure efficient and effective follow-through and quick turnaround times for query resolution, meeting of deadlines and electronic correspondence.
- Provide support in dealing with ad hoc requests as they arise e.g. interviews, submissions, offer letters etc.
- Co-ordinate information concerning progress and programs of various management committees and other relevant internal stakeholders.
- Draft responses with regard to more complex issues for internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure that Departmental impacts have been explored and all risks (internal and external programmes) have been identified and mitigation strategies developed.
- Prepare and co-ordinate submissions for quarterly and periodic reporting with the responsible portfolio committees, steercoms, etc.
- Conduct quality assurance inspections across teams to ensure that all work conducted is on standard and comply with defined processes and procedures.
- Monitor and coordinate the implementation of resolutions from EXCO and Management Committee meetings.
- Drive projects carried out by the Commissioner’s or Chief Officer’s office through the application of effective project management principles.
- Manage the departmental risk register and coordinate Audit processes on behalf of the Chief Officer or Commissioner.
- Prepare and manage all reports, correspondence and documents for the Chief Officer or Commissioner, including the monitoring of the document management system.
- Provide strategic support to the Chief Officer or Commissioner on the day-to-day office management.
- Assisting and advising the Chief Officer or Commissioner in preparation for internal and external meetings, including presentations.
- Research and compile comprehensive documents/presentations for the Chief Officer or Commissioner.
- Scrutinize complex submissions/reports and make abbreviated notes and/or recommendations for the Chief Officer or Commissioner with regards to these documents.
- Research, analyse information and compile complex documents for the Chief Officer or Commissioner and lead the Executive special projects.
- Set up and maintain systems in the Office of the Chief Officer or Commissioner that will contribute towards improving efficiency in the office.
- Ensure effective relationship and liaison between the Office of the Commissioner and the Office of the Chief Officer
- Implement governance, risk and compliance policy in own practice area to identify and manage governance and risk exposure liability.
- Manage and or advise on the translation and application of policy in a specific functional area.
- Create a positive work climate & culture to energise employees & give meaning to work, minimise work disruption and maximise employee productivity.
- Plan & implement enhanced organisational efficiency by identifying and addressing development requirements & providing tools for people resources.
- Translate performance expectations into specific metrics and goals to identify and provide effective services, solve problems and achieve objectives.
- Develop & implement appropriate people capacity plans in line with delivery & efficiency targets, on budget & in partnership with specialised area.
- Implement and monitor financial control, management of costs and corporate governance in area of accountability.
- Draw up a budget aligned to tactical delivery plans, monitor planned vs. actual, minimise expenditure and report on cost efficiency.
- Build strong relationships and implement service level agreements that promote SARS with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and ensure implementation of practices which builds service delivery excellence and encourage others to provide exceptional client service.
- Manage an integrated service excellence culture, which builds rewarding relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Accurate Understanding
- Building Sustainability
- Championing the Mandate
- Conceptial Thinking
- Developing others
- Driving for Excellence
- Fairness & Transparancy
- Honesty & Integrity
- Influencing others
- Leveraging Diversity
- Mobilising Teams
- Problem Solving & Analysis
- Business Acumen
- Effective Business Communication
- Functional Policies and Procedures
- Implementation and follow through
- Managerial Budgeting
- Planning, Management & Measurement
- Problem Analysis & Judgement
- Project Management
- Record Maintenance
- Relationship Building
- Research and Information Gathering
- Risk Management
- Service Delivery
- Tax knowledge
You can apply here: Sars Office Manager Job
The Employment Equity policy of SARS will be considered as part of the recruitment and selection process and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an oath of secrecy, pre-employment screening, case study, pre-assessment, psychometric assessment and or vetting, and a declaration of private interest. The appointment is also subject to appropriate reference(s) and security clearance where applicable.