Security Manager for Alstom Ubunye, Gauteng
Alstom Ubunye creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signaling and digital mobility solutions.
Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 38 900 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Lead and manage overall physical and security systems for Alstom Ubunye;
- Lead and manage security service providers contracted permanently or on adhoc basis for Alstom Ubunye
Note : Alstom Ubunye site includes other entities such as Gibela TSSSA offices/ shops that will report for security to AU Security Manager.
NETWORK & LINKS
Operations Site Security and Maintenance contractors
Facilities Management Local Law Enforcement authorities
EHS Local Municipalities
HR Emergency departments
ER (unions and communities) Alstom SA Risk Security Team (Cluster Risk Director,
Sourcing Alstom SA Security Manager, Alstom SA Security Coordinator)
Finances Gibela TSSSA (for offices/shops at AU site)
IT Gibela Security
Communications Neighboring factories / sites security
- Manage and streamline day to day Security at AU site, ensuring that activities are conducted in a safe and secured environment.
- Ensure facilities security staff and installations are 24/7 operational. Follow-up on performance, availability and quality of all equipment, security providers based on defined KPIs.
- Conduct frequent on-site evaluations of the security posture and installations at site including, but not limited to, guard operations, alarm systems, access control, CCTV and recording equipment, police liaison and perimeter control.
- Verify that security documentation (SOPs, access control procedures, site security plans, site security charters, waste management procedure, etc) is in place, updated, communicated and implemented.
- Build a solid relation with security contractors and suppliers and with local Law Enforcement authorities.
- Conduct investigations relating to missing product and fraudulent activity, and coordinate findings with Group and Law Enforcement Agencies.
- Provide to AU Management and to Alstom Security written reports of deficiencies and incidents.
- Provide to AU Management proposal of security solutions in order to mitigate on site security risk.
- Implement AU waste management procedure (with specific attention to valuable rejected items) in close collaboration with EHS, Production and Finances.
- Monthly monitor the current costs of security at AU site and participate to Budget definition for security operations.
- Ensure relevant anticipation, coordination and reporting with AU Site MD, Southern Africa Cluster Risk Director and with other stakeholders (internal and external).
- Participate into the assessment and selection of security service providers (such as guarding, patrolling, CCTV installation and maintenance, Fence refurbishment/maintenance, special events security) with adherence to Alstom procurement policies.
- Ensure that security activities are carried out in accordance with strict Health & Safety procedures as laid down by legislation and the Company Health & Safety policies.
- Conduct yearly site security self-assessment with the support of Alstom SA Security Manager.
- Ensure security emergency procedures are in place and regularly tested.
- Provide support and advise in order to ensure business continuity.
- Coordinate the Crisis Management plan at Sites level.
Main Required Competences
High school diploma Further education in security administration or similar field
Working knowledge of MS Office (military, police, etc) will be an asset
PSIRA registered, Grade A
Minimum of 10 years proven experience as Work experience in security, military or law
security manager or similar position of a complex enforcement management.
organisation in an industrial or operational environment. Experience using relevant technology and equipment.
Candidate must have a clear criminal record (eg CCTV, biometric security systems, drones, etc)
Solid understanding of budgeting and statistical data Investigative background
Competencies & Skills
- Extensive knowledge of facility and security management in a complex environment
- Good understanding of the local environment
- Ability to make adequate decisions
- Leadership skills – Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer and writing skills
- Integrity and dedication
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Job Type: Experienced